- No rain was received during the month of January.
Socio Economic Indicators
- Livestock body condition for cattle is moderate declining while that of goats is good.
- Crops condition is poor and most crops withered due to lack of moisture.
- All milk produced was consumed at household level.
- Livestock in-migration was continued along the border of Tana River County and no drought related deaths were reported during the month.
- Terms of trade were slightly favourable compared to long term mean but expected to worsen.
- The return distance to water sources and cost of water were within seasonal range with increased waiting time.
- The percentage of children at risk of malnutrition was above normal and on increasing trend.
- Communities continued to employed normal coping strategies.