Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The county experienced depressed rainfall with late onset in the first dekad of April.
▪ The vegetation greenness was below normal.
▪ VCI forecast indicates normal to above normal vegetation greenness.
Socio-Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Early planted crops had germinated and were in poor condition due to moisture stress.
▪ Livestock body condition was fair to poor with normal cases of livestock migration and deaths.
▪ Confirmed cases of FMD, Trypanomiasis and Helmithiasis diseases were reported.
▪ Milk production was within normal range.
▪ Terms of trade were favourable.
▪ Milk consumption was within normal range.
▪ Water distances were within normal range.
▪ The cost of water at source was normal.
▪ Malnutrition cases were within normal range.
▪ About 76.3 percent of households were in acceptable food consumption category.
▪ About 16.7 percent of households employed crisis and emergency food based coping mechanisms