Biophysical Indicators (Environmental indicators)
- On average the county received minimal rains for any significant impact.
- State of water sources in the county during the month under review was 3 (indicating inadequacy) following poor recharge.
- On average pasture condition remained poor across livelihood zones.
- Vegetation condition remained poor with a 3-month VCI of 4.38 (extreme vegetation deficit).
- Livestock body condition ranged between score of 2 and 3.
- Milk production continued decreasing thus the consumption.
- Average return distance from water sources was significantly high compared to the long term mean.
- Average water prices per 20ltr jerry can was significantly high compared to normal following water stress in the county.
- The terms of trade recorded a slight improvement.
- The proportion of children at risk of malnutrition was significantly high. Food Consumption Score placed most households at poor state.
- Coping Strategy Index increased significantly across all livelihood zones.