• Inter-communal conflict between the Garre and Degodia clans in Mandera County has left over 85 people dead and over 25,000 others displaced since March 2012.
• Worst affected are Wajir County, Banisa and Rhamu Constituencies, with reports of emerging tensions between the relatives of the two communities across the border in Ethiopia.
• The Government has deployed security forces and commissioned a disarmament exercise in the affected area.
• The Kenya Red Cross Society (KRCS) and partners are providing humanitarian assistance amidst the current access and operational constraints.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.