This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued by OCHA Eastern Africa. It covers the period from 19 to 29 August 2011. The next report will be issued on or around 6 September 2011.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• Food insecure people increase from 2.4 million to 3.7 million as drought conditions worsen.
• A significant increase in inter-ethnic and/or cross-border livestock raids has been reported; humanitarian actors are urged to consult with UNDSS before missions to these areas.
• The Government of Kenya is hosting a state summit on the Horn of Africa Crisis from 8-9 September to seek sustainable solutions to drought emergencies.
• The Kenyans for Kenya fundraising initiative closes over weekend with over $7.3 million raised from individual and corporate donors.
• Cholera, measles, dysentery and malaria cases increase across the country.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.