This report is produced by OCHA in collaboration with humanitarian partners. It was issued by OCHA Eastern Africa. It covers the period from 23 November - 13 December 2011. The next report will be issued if there are major developments in the situation.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
• More than 80,000 people affected by flooding in western Kenya, Nairobi, Mandera, Isiolo, Wajir Moyale and the Coast.
• Kenya Meteorological Department forecasts heavy rainfall in December; risk of more flooding remains high.
• Emergency Response Fund (ERF) responds to priority needs in shelter and non-food items.
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.