Period covered by this Final Report: 17 November 2006 to 8 June 2009
Appeal target: CHF 9.65 million (USD 7.97 million or EUR 5.88 million)
Final Appeal coverage: 133%;
- This Emergency Appeal was initially launched on 17 November 2006 for CHF 9,848,235 (USD 7,864,934 or EUR 6,157,653) for 6 months to assist 300,000 people.
- CHF 750,000 was initially allocated from the Federation's Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF) to support the National Society in responding by delivering assistance.
- Operations Update No.1 was issued on 24 November 2006.
- Operations Update No. 2 was issued on 21 December 2006.
- Operations Update No.3 was issued on 15 February 2007.
- Operations Update No. 4 reduced the appeal budget from CHF 26.35 million to CHF 9.65 million (USD 7.97 million or EUR 5.88 million) and extended the time frame for an additional 12 months (up to 7 April 2008), to assist 189,535 people.
- Operations Update No. 5 extended the time frame for an additional 12 months (up to 8 June 2009), to enable the National Society complete post floods recovery operation.
- A Preliminary Final Report was issued on 30 September 2009.
- CHF 18,212 was reallocated to a Disaster Management planning strategy project with the consent of the donor.