Period covered by this Final Report: March 2011- July 2012
Appeal target (current): CHF 30,438,354
Appeal coverage: The IFRC mobilized 33 percent of the budget with support from Partner National Societies(PNS) while Kenya Red Cross Society raised 66 percent of the appeal budget through bilateral contributions which included funds raised through private sector, the African Union and through the “Kenyans for Kenya Initiative.” When these contributions are considered, the Appeal can be said to be fully funded.
· Kenya Red Cross Society launched a National Drought Appeal on 14 January 2011 for CHF 28,343,156 for 6 months.
· An Emergency appeal for CHF 4,931,743 was launched by the IFRC EA Regional Representation on 23 March 2011 for 6 months to assist 855,000 beneficiaries. The appeal supplemented KRCS’ response to the drought.
· An operations update No.1 was published on 30 May 2011 covering the period March to April 2011.
· An operations update No.2 was published on 31 May 2011 covering the period April to May 2011.
The Appeal was revised on 22 July 2011 to increase the appeal budget to CHF 14,692,020, to extend the operation timeframe to 12 months and increase the number of targeted beneficiaries to 1 million.
· On 3 October 2011, the appeal was revised again to increase the appeal budget to CHF 30,438,354 in order to address evident gaps by adding longer-term food security interventions and doubling school feeding programmes, including the addition of water trucking to schools
· An 8 months operations update was published on 31 October 2011 covering the period March to October 2011.
· A 12 months operations update was published on 14 June 2012 covering the period March 2011 to May 2012.