- October rains onset delayed. Some off season rains received during the 1st and 2nd dekads of the month.
- Vegetation condition deteriorated further with Kajiado central at severe vegetation deficit.
- Pasture is depleted in Olgulului, Mosiro, Magadi, Mbirikani, Lenkism, and Ewuaso requiring close monitoring.
- The 3-month VCI indicates the County is still at moderate vegetation deficit with some deteriorating trend.
Production and Access Indicators
- Cattle are emaciated across all livelihoods.
- Household have no food stocks in all livelihoods.
- 90% of livestock have migrated, others are back due to pasture depletion in fall back areas, deaths incurred on the way back.
- Water inadequate and distance increased, 40km at Torosei. Quality declined and pressure on existing sources rose.
- ToT at 27 unfavourable to pastoralists and still declining.
- Milk production is negligible and consumption low.
- Majority (73%) of households were either consuming poor diet or were at borderline, increase for 70% in September.
- The risk of malnutrition for under-fives increased to 17.60%.