- The short rains onset was in 1st week of November with poor spatial and temporal distribution. The normal onset is usually between the 2nd and 3rd week of October.
- County vegetation condition was moderate with Kajiado central at severe vegetation deficit.
- Pasture has not regenerated in Kajiado Central, West and South.
Production and Access Indicators
- Cattle are emaciated across all livelihoods.
- Household have no food stocks in all livelihoods.
- Livestock deaths continue to be reported across the county.
- Water is still inadequate though distances slightly reduced in mixed farming, 40km at Torosei, Kekonyokia, and Mbirikani.
- ToT is unfavourable to pastoralists and still declining.
- Milk production is negligible and consumption low.
- Majority (79%) of households were either consuming poor diet or were at borderline.
- The risk of malnutrition for under-fives is at 18.10%.