Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The month was characterized by hot sunny weather. Only Isiolo
central experienced an insignificant few days of shower.
▪ Vegetation condition remained at moderate vegetation deficit.
▪ A great proportion of accessible forage was poor triggering migration to dry season grazing reserves though insecure.
▪ Water availability was fair due to low recharge levels and worsened by increasing distances to forage.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Majority of animals’ body condition especially goats, sheep and cattle was fair and deteriorating in all livelihood zones.
▪ Household milk production was low and expected to deteriorate further in all livelihood zones.
▪ Livestock prices reduced slightly in all markets as body condition and demand was relatively poor compared to February. Food commodities prices stabilized.
▪ Household milk consumption was low given the reducing production.
▪ Proportion of households with poor and borderline food consumption increased slightly.
▪ Proportion of children who were moderately malnourished increased marginally.