- Rainfall: No rainfall received over the month of January 2017.The Oct-Nov-Dec 2016 rain which started in the 2nd Dekad did not progress to January 2017. OND rainfall failed in pastoral zone and depressed in Agro pastoral areas.
- Vegetation condition: The current county average vegetation condition index (VCI 3 month) for January 2017 is 22. The VCI Isiolo North and Isiolo South is 22 and 23 respectively. The VCI values indicate severe vegetation deficit.
- Water: Current water sources are Boreholes and Shallow well. These sources are yielding low volumes due to less recharge in the last Rainy season (Oct-Nov-Dec 2016).
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- Livestock body condition is in stressed phase (Level 3) in pastoral livelihood due to limited pasture and water.
- Milk production declined due to depreciated body condition.
- Short rain 2016 crop planted was 250 (ha) against 350. They were no production against the long term of 3000 (90kg bags).
- Livestock disease outbreak persisted in sericho, Merti and Oldonyiro. These are Foot Mouth and Lumpy Skin.
- Average MUAC measurement is 24%. The percentage of at Risk children increased by 4% compared to last month. MUAC measurement is high in Oldonyiro and Merti wards.
- The county drought status is ALERT, Worsening.