Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ February was characterized by some off-season rains, cloud and irregular sunny intervals. Rains were received in the first and second dekad of the month.
▪ The county Vegetation Condition improved slightly while maintaining a very good vegetation greenness status.
▪ Condition and availability of pasture and browse was good across all the livelihood zone.
▪ Water availability was good in all the sources following the heavy rains in all parts of the county.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Body condition of small stock and cattle was good in all livelihood zones.
▪ Milk production was stable in the agro-pastoral and pastoral livelihood zone.
▪ Livestock prices improved significantly while food prices stabilized over the period under review. Vegetable prices stabilized prices due to a steady supply.
▪ Household milk consumption was good over the period under review due to improved production.
▪ Proportion of households with acceptable food consumption increased. Those with poor food consumption decreased.
▪ Malnutrition status among children under five years stabilized.