- The average vegetation condition index for the county increased from 30.99 to 31.15 and fall in the moderate vegetation deficit category.
- The current average vegetation condition index is below the normal range of >35.
- Balambala and Lagdera Sub Counties are in severe vegetation deficit category with an index of 11.27 and 11.16 respectively.
- Dadaab and township sub counties are in moderate vegetation deficit at 23.67 and 33.57.
- Fafi and Township Sub Counties are in normal vegetation deficit with an index of 38.09 and 50.69.
- Water sources currently in use are boreholes, River Tana, spring, water trucking and few water pans in the southern part of the county.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- 64 % of communities sampled reported good livestock body condition,24% reported fair body condition and 12% reported poor body condition.
- Milk production recorded 12.50 litres which indicate below the normal of 36 litres.
- The terms of trade recorded at 45.6kg of maize per sale of goat.
- No livestock migration was reported.
- The return distance to water sources for livestock slightly increased from 19.8km to 13km in the month under review.
- The malnutrition rate of children under five years at risk based on MUAC reduced from 20% to 16.3% in the month under review, while the mid at risk levels reduced from 8% to 5.6%.
- Moderately malnourished level reduced from 1.4% to 1.1% while severely malnourished category reduced 0.56%.