- The average vegetation condition index for the county increased from 11.65 to 16.83 but remains within the severe vegetation deficit category.
- The current average is below the normal range of >35.
- The Sub counties of Balambala, Ijara, Dadaab, and Lagdera are in severe vegetation deficit category of 18.9, 10.88, 15.69, and 13.58 respectively.
- The sub counties of Fafi and township are in moderate vegetation deficit category.
- Water sources currently in use are boreholes, River Tana and spring, and water trucking.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- 66.7% of the livestock population remain in poor body condition, 33.3% progressed to fair body condition.
- Milk production recorded was at 11.4 litres and shows slight increase but remains below the normal of 36 litres.
- There was no livestock migration reported but large numbers of cattle returned to the county.
- The terms of trade recorded improved from 27.5 kg to 42.3 per sale of goat, thus relief for the pastoralist.
- The return distance to water sources reduced from 14.5km to 10.7km.
- The at risk to malnutrition for children under five reduced from 21.0% to 14.2%.The mid at risk levels reduced from 19.3% to 12.95%, the moderately malnourished decreased from 1.3% to 0.9% and the severely malnourished category reduced to 0.3%.ź