Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
- The vegetation condition indexes recorded during the month continue to improve when compared with the previous month. The current value 48.76(3month vci) is within the normal ranges for the month.
- All the five water sources available in the county are currently in use.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
- The body condition of livestock is currently at normal for all species with an index of 1 Livestock death reported was as a result of suspected diseases of camel and predation.
- Milk production reduced to 28.23 litres from 34 litres for the previous month
- There are no livestock migration patterns in the county.
- The terms of trade for the month continue to improve
- The return distance to water sources deteriorated.
- The MUAC levels continue to reduce from 10.9%.to 9.2% thus improving nutritional status of children .