Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The county received an average of 25.1mm of rainfall compared to 32.2mm long term average.
▪ The 3-month VCI was 29.29 indicating moderate vegetation deficit and was below the long term average for the month.
• Pasture condition was fair to poor across all livelihood zones
• Both household distances and livestock trekking distances to water sources increased and were above the long term average.
Socio Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
• Livestock body condition of cattle was fair to poor while that of sheep, goats and camels was fair to good.
• Average milk production was 2.0 litres against the long term average of 2.6 litres.
• Milk consumption was at an average of 1.3 litres against the long term average amount of 2.3 litres
• Market prices for all livestock species remained within the normal ranges.
• The terms of trade were 37.9 against the long term average of 49.0
• The mean coping strategy index (CSI) was 10.3 for the month
• Proportion of children below five years at risk of malnutrition was 6.8 percent against the long-term mean of 13.6 percent
• The mean food consumption score was 42.1 compared to longterm average of 44.2