Drought Situation & EW Phase Classification
▪ The rains continued in the month of April and increased in amount and intensity with even distribution
▪ The vegetation greenness remains above normal
▪ Pasture and browse condition improved further
Socio-Economic Indicators (Impact Indicators)
▪ Crop condition is good-weeding is ongoing across both livelihood zones
▪ Livestock body condition is good to moderate
▪ Milk production was above normal.
▪ Terms of trade were favourable and above normal
▪ Milk consumption was above normal.
▪ Distances to water sources decreased for both households and livestock.
▪ Only 0.3 percent of the sampled children ware moderately malnourished
▪ 77 percent of sampled households were in acceptable food consumption category.
▪ Household coping strategy index remains stable compared to last month.