- The biophysical indicators show positive fluctuations above the expected seasonal ranges.
- 178.0 mm of rainfall was received in the month of September.
- The September VCI values for Baringo County, Mogotio and East Pokot sub-county were 67, 66 and 65 respectively. Tiaty, Baringo North and Mogotio are currently above normal ranges indicating normal vegetation conditions.
- The Water level in water pans is above normal at 5 (100%-70%).
- The forage condition is fair to good in both quality and quantity and on an improving trend. The situation remains stable with 10% of the Livestock currently accessing pasture and browse at their dry season grazing zones with 90% having moved back to their traditional grazing grounds.
- Livestock body condition is fair to good with improvement across all livelihoods.
- Milk production is above normal given the prevailing weather conditions.
- No Livestock deaths were reported in Pastoral and Agro-Pastoral Livelihood zones.
- Terms of trade have improved and above normal range and favourable to pastoral livelihoods zones, attributed current weather conditions.
- Distances to water sources for households are within normal ranges.
- The number of under-fives at risk of malnutrition stood at 14%, which is below normal indicating stable trend.
- Occurrence of waterborne diseases is below normal across all subcounties.