- The biophysical indicators show unusual fluctuations outside the expected seasonal range.
- 3mm of rainfall received within the month of January.
- The vegetation condition index VCI-3month for the County is below normal ranges in East Pokot, Eldamaravin, and Baringo south, Baringo North and Mogotio. This is attributed to ongoing drought.
- Water in the pans are below normal (25%-30%).
- The forage condition is poor in both quality and quantity. Most Livestock are currently accessing pasture and browse at their dry season grazing zones.
- Livestock body condition is poor in all livelihood zones.
- Milk production is below normal ranges but projected to reduce further in the next one month due to reducing quality of forage.
- Over 1500 Livestock deaths reported in Pastoral and AgroPastoral Livelihood zones.
- Terms of trade are below normal range and unfavourable to pastoral livelihoods but on a reducing trend.
- Distances to water sources for households are increasing drastically and currently above normal.
- Number of kids at risk of malnutrition is 18% above normal.
- Occurrence of waterborne/water related diseases is above normal, water contamination reported in Tiaty, Baringo North.