I. Facts and Figures (as at 7 March 2013)
• Number of Syrians either registered as refugees or being assisted as such has now reached the one million mark.
• “With a million people in flight, millions more displaced internally, and thousands of people continuing to cross the border every day, Syria is spiraling towards full-scale disaster,” said UN High Commissioner for Refugees António Guterres. “We are doing everything we can to help, but the international humanitarian response capacity is dangerously stretched. This tragedy has to be stopped.”
• Government of Jordan estimates that there are some 420,000 Syrians of concern to UNHCR in the Kingdom.
• Total registered and waiting registration Syrian individuals in Jordan : 332,502
• Total Syrians registered: 275,465
• Total Syrians in contact with UNHCR to be registered: 57,037
• Total individuals waiting registration in Jordan, vast majority in urban areas: 52,688
• The total Syrian population registered in Za’atri camp: 151,423
• Majority of registered people of concern is in Za’atri camp with 55.2% of total registered individuals, followed by 15.7% in Irbid and 13.3% in Amman.
• Majority of registered individuals in Jordan originate from city of Dar'a and represent 67.5% of all registered Syrians.
• Number of new arrivals between 1st and 7th March: 12,463 (this figure represents the monthly arrival figure as recorded by IOM who collects people of concern from the border and brings them to the UNHCR reception center. Note that not all these persons do then register with UNHCR).