This report was compiled by the Ministry of Labour’s (MOL) Syrian Refugee Unit (SRU) and will provide the following:
• Total work permits issued to Syrian refugees.
• Disaggregation of work permits data by gender, type of permit, and location.
• Camp-specific work permits issuances.
• 4,877WP’s were issued in Oct 2018, this figure shows a slight increase compared toSep 2018 of 4,660WP’s, and a significant increase than last year average of 3893WP’s.
• During Oct 2018, 1,153 flexibleWP’swere issued in the construction sector under the umbrella of the General Federation of Jordanian Trade Unions (GFJTU), with total of 18,247 WP’s.
• 2,320 flexible WP’s were issued in Oct2018 in the agriculture sector under the umbrella of the cooperatives, with total of43,740WP’s.
• The Seventh Grace Period for Syrian refugees Work Permits valid until 31 December 2018.
• On June 3, 2018, the Ministry of Labour Issued a circular regarding the Cabinet decision on excluding Syrian Refugees working in the manufacturing sector from the reduction of foreign labour percentages reduction under the NEEP.
• During Oct 2018, there was a marked increase in the preparation of temporary work permits for cash-for-work projects.
• On Oct 30,2018 Ministry of Labour Issued a circular that allows Syrian refugees to move freely between sectors without any of the restrictions imposed on other nationalities of migrant workers.