The Jordanian Ministry of Labour released new regulations regarding the issuance and renewal of work permits for Syrian refugees in Jordan. To disseminate this information among the concerned and relevant refugee population, UNHCR conducted several communication actions.
Initial text received:
“Letter by Minister of Labor:
Since the ministry is seeking to legalize the Syrian working force and to organise it in the Jordanian labour market, and to achieve the global indicators of the special wok permits of the Syrian refugees (the eleventh indicator of the American monetary donation, the first indicator of the programme that aims at economic results (outcomes) for Jordanian and Syrian refugees by the world bank, and the indicators of the European fund to improve the private sector) only the Syrian workers are allowed of the below:
- The ability to shift from the agricultural sector to any sector once the permit is expired.
- The ability to shift from the supporting services sector to any other sector once the permit is expired.
- The ability to shift from the bakeries sector to any other sector once the permit is expired.
- No clearance is required when moving from an employer to another once the permit is expired.
- No recognition of prior learning for issuance of work permit in the construction sector
Kindly abide by this and consider everything regarding the Syrian Workers in my previous letters cancelled.”