- Download document (PDF | 2.91 MB | Section 1: Procedures - English version)
- Download document (PDF | 3.01 MB | Section 2: Annexes - English version)
- Download document (PDF | 2.6 MB | Section 3: Referral Pathways - English version)
- Download document (PDF | 3.08 MB | Section 1: Procedures - Arabic version)
- Download document (PDF | 2.68 MB | Section 2: Annexes - Arabic version)
- Download document (PDF | 3.5 MB | Section 3: Referral Pathways - Arabic version)
The purpose and scope of the Inter-Agency Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
These Inter-Agency Emergency Standing Operating Procedures (SOPs) describe guiding principles, procedures, roles and responsibilities in the prevention of and response to gender-based violence (GBV) and in child protection(CP) for everyone in Jordan including those affected by the Syrian crisis living in urban contexts, camps and/or other Informal Tented Settlements. The SOPs have a focus on Syrian refugees, but include information on services for other refugees or the host population where available. Building on best national practices, they have been developed through an inter-agency consultative process with Jordanian governmental partners, UN agencies and national and international civil society actors working in GBV, CP and other key sectors (see signatory page for organizations which endorse the SOPs).
The SOPs detail the minimum procedures for prevention and response to GBV and for CP. They also present more comprehensive prevention and response interventions. They indicate which organizations and/or institutions are responsible for actions in the four main response sectors - health, psychosocial support, law/ justice and security. They are designed to be used together with existing resources related to prevention and response to GBV and CP.
In light of the current revision of the Family Protection Framework and the recent adoption of the Juvenile Law, this is an interim revision of the SOPs, to be further revised in 2015 in accordance with the national framework. The SOPs will also be reviewed on an annual basis in order to ensure that they are up-to-date and reflect practices and operational agencies in the field.