I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- A massive three day Japanese-US military operation is underway to recover the bodies of those still missing
- Combined number of people dead and still unaccounted for is 28,000
- NGOs and volunteers start to focus assistance to those living outside the evacuation centres and outside of the distribution network
- Long term psychosocial support will be needed for survivors including emergency workers
- OCHA support to the Government of Japan's emergency response ends
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.