This report is produced by OCHA. It was issued by the Regional Office in Asia Pacific with input from the OCHA team in Tokyo. It covers the period from 30 March - 1 April. This is the final report on this emergency.
I. HIGHLIGHTS/KEY PRIORITIES
- A massive three day Japanese-US military operation is underway to recover the bodies of those still missing
- Combined number of people dead and still unaccounted for is 28,000
- NGOs and volunteers start to focus assistance to those living outside the evacuation centres and outside of the distribution network
- Long term psychosocial support will be needed for survivors including emergency workers
- OCHA support to the Government of Japan's emergency response ends
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.