- Poor sanitation conditions at evacuation centres in Miyagi raise concerns
- The shortage of fuel is hindering efforts to bring relief workers into the affected areas as well as move evacuees out
- An estimated 1000 children have died or are missing from the tsunami
- Authorities maintain the need for further international assistance is limited and any support should clearly be in accordance with the Government of Japan's criteria
- UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs
- To learn more about OCHA's activities, please visit https://www.unocha.org/.