- The recent report of Iraq Ministry of Health indicates that 573 laboratory-confirmed Cholera cases have been detected and registered in Iraq, up to 23 October 2008.
- 54% of the cases are found in children below 5 years of age.
- There have been 8 deaths (6 males and 2 females). 50% of the deaths have been in below 5 year old children.
- Epidemiological findings have indicated that contaminated water is the most probable source of the out break.
- 572 cases have been identified as Inaba and 1 case as Ogawa serotypes.