- The recent report of Iraq Ministry of Health indicates that 889 laboratory-confirmed Cholera cases have been detected and registered in Iraq, up to 21 November 2008.
- Most of the new confirmed cases were from Diwanyia
- 47% of the cases are found in children below 5 years of age.
- There have been 11 deaths (7 males and 4 females). 36% of the deaths have been in below 5 year old children.
- Epidemiological findings have indicated that contaminated water is the most probable source of the out break.
- 888 cases have been identified as Inaba and 1 case as Ogawa serotypes.