Iraq: Mosul Response - Weekly Explosive Incidents Report (29 January - 4 February 2017)
January 29, 2017
• Coalition Forces launched airstrikes near Telafar district, Al-Ibra village and Badus subdistrict.
• Armed clashes occurred between Popular Mobilization Forces and ISIS at logistical supply line in south western Mosul city, resulting in many causalities on both sides.
• A VBIED and armored ghting vehicle were destroyed by the Popular Mobilization Forces at logistical supply line in south western Mosul city.
• A mass grave contains bodies of 27 civilians was found at Tal Al-Keppe village in northern Mosul city and 3 women were executed at Al Rufai neighborhood in the western side of Mosul city.
January 30, 2017
• ISIS shelled some neighborhoods in the western side of Mosul city which killed 3 and injured 15 civilians.
• Airstrikes launched by Iraqi Air Forces on the Badush subdistrict, Tal Raman Area and Telafar district.
• VBIED’s, vehicles with machine guns, enemy boats, and light guns were found and cleared by the military forces in Telafar district,
Badush subdistrict and Kilo16 road in Mosul.
• Airstrike launched by Coalition Forces near Mosul city, ve strikes engaged two ISIS tactical units; destroyed ve watercrafts, four VBIED factories, four front-end loaders, an artillery system, a vehicle, two ISIS-held buildings and a command and control node; and suppressed an ISIS mortar team.
January 31, 2017
A booby trapped house exploded and killed 3 children in Al-Tank neighborhood in the eastern side of Mosul city.
• Armed clashes occurred between ISIS and Iraqi Military Forces at Tal Kusaiba and Al-Matbija villages in Salah al-Din and Popular Mobilization Forces encountered ISIS armed group at Hamrin area in Salah al-Din.
• Popular Mobilization Forces shelled ISIS strongholds in Telafar district.
February 01, 2017
Popular Mobilization Forces liberated Ain Talawi village in the western Telafar district.
• VBIEDs, IEDs, mortars, drones, C4 explosives, Vehicle with machineguns were found and cleared by PM and SF in Sino Hills, Jahf and Ain Talawi villages and the road between Telafar and Sinjar districts.
• Coalition Forces launched airstrikes near Telafar district, a strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit; destroyed a ghting position and a supply cache.
• Airstrikes launched by Coalition Forces near Kirkuk, a strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit; destroyed a ghting position, a supply cache, and an observation post.
• Airstrikes launched by Coalition Forces near Kisik subdistrict, a strike engaged an ISIS tactical unit and damaged a tunnel.
February 02, 2017
Airstrike launched by Iraqi Air Forces and destroyed a factory for making IEDs in Telafar district and Mullahabiyah subdistrict.
• Popular Mobilization Forces clashed against ISIS at Makhoul mountains area and Iraqi Military Forces shelled ISIS strongholds in the western side of Mosul city.
• Airstrike launched by Coalition Forces near Mosul city and Kisik subdistrict, four airstrikes engaged two ISIS tactical units and an ISIS staging area; and destroyed three ghting positions, two vehicles, two VBIED factories, a tunnel entrance, a supply and weapon cache and damaged a supply route.
February 03, 2017
Popular Mobilization Forces liberated Sayir Ma'uf, Um Ghurbah, Abd Nazal, Bait Abu Nawaf, Bait Salm, Abu Dawd, Bustan Sharif, Abu Rasn, Al-Sharka and Bustan Al-Radif villages towards Ninewa desert.
• VBIEDs and vehicle with machine guns were found and cleared in Badush, Um Al Itham and Khabirat villages in Ninewa province.
• Coalition Forces launched airstrikes near Mosul city and Telafar district, engaged two ISIS tactical units; destroyed an artillery system, a checkpoint, and a bunker; and damaged three supply routes.
February 04, 2017
• Iraqi Air Forces launched airstrikes on Al-Jamaliy village in Ninewa province.
• Iraqi Military forces found and cleared IEDs, suicide belts, mortars, mortar launching platforms, factories, detonators, tank, cannon and munitions in Al-Bakr, Al-Muthanna and Al-Ghabat neighborhoods.