87,000 IDPs *
from Falluja and surrounding areas since May
30,000 IDPs **
from Mosul and surrounding areas since March
3.3 million IDPs *
since January 2014
230,000 Iraqi refugees ***
in the region
UNHCR’s overall appeal of
USD 584 million
for IDPs and Iraqi refugees in the region is
only 22% funded
▪ Fighting has continued north and west of Falluja as the Iraqi Security Forces proceed in their offensive to remove the remaining ISIL positions in Anbar Governorate.
▪ Iraqi Security Forces continue their offensive towards Jazerat Al Khalidiya, with further displacement expected.
▪ The Falluja Municipality re-opened on 2 July and has resumed serving the cleared areas in the city.
▪ Between 1 and 2 July, Debaga camp has received 1,771 individuals from Haji Ali in western Makhmur District, Erbil Governorate as Iraqi Security Forces stage an offensive to remove ISIL positions in that area. Around 2,000 more IDPs are expected over the next days.
▪ An average of 200 IDPs are departing each day from Debaga camp through sponsorship but the number of new arrivals has begun to outpace the departures.