245,000 Syrian Refugees expected by end-2018
250,184 currently registered
14 million (6% of total) required for Health
• A total of 19,971 patient consultations were provided to Syrian refugees living in KR-I, out of which 19,664 consultations were made through campbased Primary Health Care Centers (PHCC) ran by the Directorate of Health (DOH) with support from UN agencies, and the remaining 307 consultations for non-camp refugees through Mobile Medical Units ran by international and national NGOs. Among camp-based consultations, 400 of them were related to mental health and psychosocial support.
• 1,393 patients were referred from camp PHCCs to secondary and tertiary health facilities in urban areas for further investigations and/or hospitalization.
• Preventive health services (immunization, growth monitoring, antenatal care, family planning) were provided in refugee camps by DOH with support from UN agencies.
• UNICEF provided Infant and Young Child Feeding counselling assistance on appropriate breastfeeding to 1,910 pregnant and lactating women.
• Antenatal care and family planning services are available in all camps. They are provided by DOH with the support of UNFPA. 90 women attended one or more antenatal care sessions in the nine refugee camps.
• UNICEF provided Infant and Young Child Feeding counselling assistance on appropriate breastfeeding to 1,561 pregnant and lactating women.