(1) Project for Rehabilitation of Street
and Sidewalk on Al-Kornish Street
(up to 392,371 dolllars or about 42 million yen)
(2) Project for Provision of Street Lighting
Equipment on Al-Kornish Street
(up to 106,280 dollars or about 11.3 million yen)
(3) Project for Provision of Drainage
System on Al-Kornish Street
(up to 20,330 dollars or about 2.2 million yen)
2. The central part of the city of Samawah, beside the Euphrates River, is an important place where many citizens come and go. Its basic infrastructure, indispensable for civilian life, however, is in extremely poor condition because of such factors as the oppression under the Hussein government, occupied by the majority Shiites, and the economic sanctions after the Gulf War. This applies especially to Al-Kornish Street, whose deteriorated condition, flooding and poor lighting are badly affecting civilian life.
3. It is expected that by the implementation of this Plan, the main street in the central part of the city will be improved, contributing to the stability of people's livelihood and better public order for the 250,000 residents of Samawah who live along the street, use its shops and markets.