* denotes new or updated item.
MUSSAYAB - A suicide bomber blew up his vehicle at an Iraqi police checkpoint in the town of Mussayab, south of Baghdad, killing three people and wounding four, police said. Most of the victims were policemen.
* BAGHDAD - Unknown assailants killed two ABC News broadcast journalists in Iraq, the U.S. news organisation said. The men were identified as cameraman Alaa Uldeen Aziz, 33, and soundman Saif Laith Yousuf, 26, ABC News said.
* MOSUL - Three truck drivers were killed on Thursday after they were attacked on a road between the northern city of Mosul and Kirkuk, police said on Friday.
* KIRKUK - A Kurdish peshmerga soldier was killed in the volatile city of Kirkuk on Friday, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet