14 May 2010 20:26:41 GMT
May 14 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2015 GMT on Friday. *indicates a new or updated item
* TAL AFAR - Bombers attacked players and spectators at a soccer field, killing eight people and wounding 120 others, in Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police and witnesses said.
* FALLUJA - Armed men using silenced weapons killed a policeman and a civilian security guard in central Falluja, 50 km (30 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A bomb exploded in a park in the Adhamiya district of northern Baghdad, killing four people and wounding eight others, an Interior Ministry official said.
MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead a tailor specialising in military uniforms inside his shop in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
TUZ KHURMATO - A Turkmen member of the Salahuddin provincial council escaped a roadside bomb attack on his convoy in Tuz Khurmato, 170 km (105 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MAHAWEEL - An explosion wounded 10 worshippers as they were leaving a mosque after Friday prayers in Mahaweel, 60 km (35 miles) south of Baghdad, the governor of Babil province said. An interior ministry source said the toll was 17 wounded.
(Compiled by Baghdad newsroom)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet