June 27 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1000 GMT on Wednesday:
* denotes new or updated item.
* SAMARRA - A roadside bomb killed seven people, including five police commandoes in Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said, adding that two civilians were killed when security forces opened fire in the aftermath of the blast.
* BAGHDAD - A car bomb killed at least three people in an attack on police vehicles near a busy market in northern Baghdad, a witness said. Police said there had been an explosion in the Suleikh district and 10 people were wounded.
* SHIRQAT - Fourteen insurgents were killed when a truck they were rigging with explosives blew up overnight in the town of Shirqat, 310 km (190 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 21 people were found in Baghdad on Tuesday. Most of victims were found in the western Karkh side of the Tigris river, police said.
ANBAR - A U.S. Marine was killed on Tuesday in combat in Anbar province, to the west of Baghdad, the U.S. military said on Wednesday.
MOSUL - Five people were killed and three wounded in different attacks by gunmen on Tuesday in the northern city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - An athletic club in Mosul was badly damaged when gunmen planted bombs inside the building overnight, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet