* denotes a new or updated item.
* RAMADI - Twin suicide bombs killed at least 24 people, including police officers, and wounded over 100 others in an attack targeting the governor of Anbar province and other senior officials in Ramadi, 100 km (60 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
* KHALIS - A roadside bomb killed seven Iraqi pilgrims returning from a major Shi'ite Muslim religious festival and wounded 25 others in Khalis, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Iraqi security forces seized some 1,200 mortar shells and thousands of mortar parts in Taji, 20 km (12 miles) north of Baghdad, the office of Major General Qassim al-Moussawi said.
MOSUL - Gunmen shot dead a civilian in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
MOSUL - A militant hurled a hand grenade at a police patrol, wounding two policemen and a civilian in central Mosul on Tuesday, police said.
KIRKUK - Gunmen shot and wounded a judge and his wife in southeastern Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, on Tuesday, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet