May 8 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1200 GMT on Monday:
* denotes new or updated item.
KUFA - At least 16 people were killed and 70 wounded when a suicide car bomb exploded at a crowded market in the Shi'ite city of Kufa, 160 km (100 miles) south of Baghdad, health and government officials in the province of Najaf said.
* FALLUJA - The bodies of seven people were found shot in and around Falluja, 50 km (35 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
* NEAR KHANAQIN - A suicide bomber killed two policemen and wounded 23, including 10 civilians, when he targeted a police station in the town of Khanaqin, north of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - The bodies of three personal guards of Iraq's minister of Higher Education were found shot dead in Baghdad, an official in the ministry said.
BAGHDAD - Police said they recovered 30 bodies in Baghdad, including 17 in the religiously mixed southern neighbourhood of Amil in the past 24 hours.
BAGHDAD - At least four people were killed and eight wounded by mortar rounds in different districts of Baghdad on Monday, police said.
BAGHDAD - The Iraqi army killed seven insurgents and arrested 115 others during the last 24 hours in different parts of Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces detained 13 suspected insurgents during raids across Iraq targeting al Qaeda, foreign fighters and a chemical car bomb network on Monday and Tuesday, the U.S. military said.
ISKANDARIYA - Gunmen killed two people and wounded three others on Monday in Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
ISKANDARIYA - Two people were killed and 10 wounded by a mortar round attack in Iskandariya on Tuesday, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet