June 7 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 2030 GMT on Thursday:
* indicates new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - The bodies of 32 people were found shot in different parts of Baghdad in the past 24 hours, police said.
* SAMARRA - Five people, including a policeman, were killed and nine wounded in different incidents around Samarra, 100 km (62 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - The bodies of four people were found shot dead in different areas of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
* DIWANIYA - Gunmen killed a police officer in front his house in central Diwaniya, 180 km (112 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
BASRA - One British soldier was killed and three wounded when they came under machinegun and rocket-propelled grenade fire during a raid near the southern Iraqi city of Basra on Thursday, the British military said.
BAGHDAD - At least five people were killed and 15 wounded when a car bomb exploded near a restaurant in the Shi'ite Sadr City district of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - A female journalist working with the independent Aswat al-Iraq news agency in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul was killed by gunmen, the agency said.
MOSUL - A suicide truck bomber killed nine people and wounded 22, including five British civilian contractors, in an attack on the police headquarters in Rabea, a town near the Syrian border, police said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. and Iraqi soldiers detained 16 suspected insurgents during raids in the Sadr City district of Baghdad, the U.S. military said. It said those detained were suspected of facilitating the transport of explosives and other weapons from Iran to Iraq.
TIKRIT - Police arrested Salam Mulla Mustafa, a local al Qaeda leader, and four of his aides in Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi soldiers killed eight suspected insurgents and arrested 40 others in different parts of Iraq over the past 24 hours, the Iraqi military said.
NEAR TIKRIT - A roadside bomb targeted a senior police officer's convoy near Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. Two of the officer's bodyguards were wounded.
NEAR RAMADI - At least six people were wounded, including one policeman, in an attempted attack by a suicide truck bomber on a police checkpoint near Ramadi, west of Baghdad, police said. Police opened fire and blew up the truck before it reached its target.
MAHMUDIYA - Police found two bodies with bullet wounds and showing signs of torture near the town of Mahmudiya, 30 km (20 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
FALLUJA - Police found five bodies, all tortured and shot, in farmland 12 km (8 miles) north of Falluja, police said. The five men were kidnapped by gunmen from Falluja three days ago.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet