* indicates new or updated items.
* BAIJI - A roadside bomb killed two police in the town of Fatha, just north of the refinery city of Baiji, 180 km (112 miles) north of Baghdad, police said. The police who were killed were part of a force protecting oil facilities in the area.
* KUT - Interior Ministry special forces killed one person and seriously wounded another when they opened fire in a crowded market in central Kut, 150 km (100 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber killed 11 people and wounded 22 in a blast that exploded in central Baghdad near a convoy belonging to the Iraqi minister of labour and social affairs, police said. The minister was unharmed.
BAQUBA - A bomb went off in a popular market in the city of Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Baghdad, wounding 15 people, police said.
HILLA - U.S. forces handed over control of Babil province south of Baghdad to Iraq, declaring an area once known as the "triangle of death" safe enough for Iraqi troops to take charge.
(Compiled by Aseel Kami)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet