June 22 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1200 GMT on Friday:
* Denotes new or updated item:
* BAGHDAD - A U.S. soldier was killed during combat operations in southwestern Baghdad on Thursday, the military said.
* FALLUJA - A suicide bomber killed two people and wounded four when he blew himself up in a telecommunications office in Falluja, 50 km (32 miles) west of Baghdad, police said.
FALLUJA - Four people were killed and 48 wounded in an explosion on Thursday evening in a shop in Falluja, police said.
BAGHDAD - One policeman was killed and another wounded by a roadside bomb hidden near a body lying in the street in Karrada in central Baghdad on Thursday, police said. Police had gone to investigate the body when the bomb exploded.
BAGHDAD - U.S. soldiers detained 18 suspected insurgents during three raids in northwestern Baghdad on Thursday, the U.S. military said. Weapons and other equipment were also seized.zed.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet