* Indicates new or updated items
* BAGHDAD - A salvo of seven mortars struck Saidiya neighbourhood of southern Baghdad, wounding five people, police said.
* BAGHDAD - One dead body was discovered in Baghdad, police said.
* MOSUL - Police said they found one unidentified dead body with gunshot wounds to the head and chest in the northern city of Mosul.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi army troops found a large cache of weapons, ammunition and explosives in an industrial area of Sadr City in eastern Baghdad, said Qassim Moussawi, government spokesman for security in the capital.
LATIFIYA - Nine decomposed bodies were found on Monday in Latifiya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said. The victims had been buried for more than a year.
BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb near an army checkpoint wounded one Iraqi soldier and three electricity workers in Palestine street in northeastern Baghdad, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet