Factbox - Security developments in Iraq, 20 Jan 2008
* denotes new or updated items.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol killed a civilian and wounded two policemen in Zayouna district in eastern Baghdad, police said.
* NEAR NAJAF - Iraqi security forces have arrested 45 gunmen from the Shi'ite "Soldiers of Heaven" cult in the last three days in the provinces of Basra, Nassiriya and Najaf, a Najaf provincial spokesman said.
* BAGHDAD - The U.S. military said the final death toll in multiple truck bombings targeting Iraq's minority Yazidi sect in northern Iraq last August was 796.
* FALLUJA - A suicide bomber killed six people in a town south of Falluja where people were celebrating the release of a man from U.S. military custody, local officials said. The bomber walked into the man's house and blew himself up.
MOSUL - Police said they shot dead the driver of a car rigged with explosives during an attempted attack on a police checkpoint in eastern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad. The car detonated, wounding two people.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi soldiers killed eight gunmen and arrested 54 others during the last 24 hours across Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
BALAD - Five people were killed and 20 were wounded when mortar bombs hit Shi'ites observing Ashura rituals in Balad, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, on Saturday, police said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces detained 16 gunmen on Friday and Saturday during operations targeting al Qaeda in central and northern Iraq, the U.S. military said.
DIYALA PROVINCE - The U.S. military detained 10 gunmen during a raid in northern Diyala province on Thursday, the U.S. military said.
(Writing by Aws Qusay, editing by Ross Colvin)