* MOSUL - A U.S. military OH-58 Kiowa Warrior helicopter crashed in the northern city of Mosul after striking overhead cables, the military said. Information about casualties was not immediately available.
* BAGHDAD - A car bomb killed three people and wounded 23 civilians in central Baghdad's Nidhal Street, police said. A Reuters TV crew at the scene after the bomb said many cars were destroyed.
* ANBAR PROVINCE - The U.S. military said a U.S. Marine had died of wounds received in a roadside bomb attack on Friday.
TAL AFAR - A car bomb killed 10 people and wounded around 30 others when it exploded outside a car dealership in Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, police said. The U.S. military gave the same death toll but said around 20 people were wounded.
RAMADI - A U.S. marine died of wounds on Friday inflicted by a roadside bomb that had struck his vehicle earlier in the day in Ramadi, 100 km (60 miles) west of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
MOSUL - Gunmen killed a man in a drive-by shooting on Thursday in northern Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb wounded a child and his mother in their car in eastern Mosul on Friday, police said.
(Compiled by Tim Cocks)
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet