May 15 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1100 GMT on Tuesday:
* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - Five people were killed and 15 wounded when two roadside bombs exploded in quick succession near al-Tayaran square in central Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Iraqi soldiers killed 16 insurgents and arrested 109 others during the past 24 hours in different parts of Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
BAGHDAD - U.S. forces detained 10 suspected insurgents during raids targeting the Ansar al-Sunna group and al-Qaeda in Iraq networks in Mosul, Falluja and Taji, the U.S. military said.
NEAR TIKRIT - A policeman and a civilian were killed and a woman was wounded when gunmen attacked a police checkpoint near Tikrit, 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
NEAR ISHAQI - Gunmen kidnapped three civilians on Monday night at a fake checkpoint near the town of Ishaqi, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
HAWIJA - One person was killed and two wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol in Hawija, 70 km (40 miles) southwest of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Four Iraqi soldiers were wounded in an attack by a suicide car bomber on their checkpoint near Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, an Iraqi army spokesman said.
ISKANDARIYA - An Iraqi soldier was killed and four others, including two civilians, were wounded when gunmen attacked an Iraqi army checkpoint on Monday night in Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
ANBAR - A U.S. Marine was killed in combat on Monday in western Anbar province, the U.S. military said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet