June 13 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1015 GMT on Wednesday:
* denotes new or updated item.
SAMARRA - An explosion hit a revered Shi'ite shrine in the city of Samarra, 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad. The Golden Mosque was badly damaged in February 2006, triggering a wave of sectarian violence. A curfew was imposed in both Samarra and Baghdad.
* RAMADI - Four Iraqi policemen were killed and 11 officers wounded by a suicide car bomber targeting their checkpoint outside Ramadi, 110 km (68 miles) west of Baghdad.
* BAGHDAD - A U.S. marine was killed in combat operations on Tuesday in Anbar province, to the west of Baghdad, the U.S. military said on Wednesday. It earlier reported the death of two soldiers in separate incidents in Baghdad on Monday and Tuesday.
MANDILI - A bomb targeting the police chief of the town of Mandili killed three of his bodyguards and wounded five other people, including the police chief, police said. Mandili is in Dilyala Province, near the Iranian border.
BAQUBA - A person was killed and six wounded by a mortar attack in the city of Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 26 people were found in different parts of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said. They had been shot.
KIRKUK - A bridge southwest of Kirkuk connecting the northern city with Tikrit was blown up overnight in a roadside bomb attack, police said. Tikrit is 175 km (110 miles) north of Baghdad. No casualties were reported. It was the latest of a number of attacks on bridges in recent months.
KHAN BANI SAAD - One person was killed and eight wounded on Tuesday when a truck laden with chlorine exploded near an Iraqi army base in the town of Khan Bani Saad, about 30 km (20 miles) northeast of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen kidnapped Filaih Wadi Mijthab, managing editor of the state-run al-Sabah daily newspaper, in Habibiya in eastern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Two people were killed and six wounded by a roadside bomb on Tuesday in Bab al-Muadham in central Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen killed three policemen and set their vehicle on fire near Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet