* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - A U.S. soldier was killed when his patrol was attacked with small arms fire in southern Baghdad on Tuesday, the U.S. military said.
* BAGHDAD - The bodies of 33 people were found in various parts of Baghdad in the past 24 hours, police said.
* BAGHDAD - Three Iraqi soldiers were killed and two wounded by a roadside bomb attack in Amil district of southwestern Baghdad, police said.
* FALLUJA - A suicide bomber killed at least 19 people and wounded another 25 when he blew up his car in a market near Iraq's western city of Falluja on Tuesday, police said.
* MAHMUDIYA - One civilian was killed and another wounded when a car bomb exploded in the town of Mahmudiya, 30 km (20 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - Iraqi soldiers killed seven suspected insurgents and detained 103 others around Iraq within the past 24 hours, the Defence Ministry said.
MOSUL - Two insurgents were killed during clashes with police in Mosul, 390 km north of Baghdad, police said. One of those killed was a Saudi, they said.
* ISKANDARIYA - Police said they found two bullet-riddled bodies in the town of Iskandariya. The bodies were handcuffed and blindfolded, the police said.
ISKANDARIYA - Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a police station in Iskandariya, 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
* JBELA - Gunmen shot dead Abdul Raheem Nayef, the local head of Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr's political movement in Jbela, 65 km south of Baghdad, police said. Gunmen also attacked the mourners and wounded seven, police added.
BAGHDAD - Four suspected insurgents were detained during raids in northeast Baghdad, the U.S. military said. The four were suspected of arranging the transportation of roadside bombs and other weapons from Iran to Iraq, the military said.
BAGHDAD - Three police commandos were wounded when they shot dead a female suicide bomber who was trying to detonate herself near a recruitment centre in eastern Baghdad, police said. The policemen were wounded when the bomber's vest exploded.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 28 people were found shot in different areas of Baghdad on Monday, police said.
DIWANIYA - Four civilians were wounded in clashes between gunmen and U.S. soldiers in Diwaniya, 180 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad, on Monday, police said.
BAGHDAD - Four policemen were wounded when a roadside bomb exploded near a police patrol on Monday in Doura district in southern Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - One person was killed and eight wounded in mortar attacks in two different districts in southern and southwestern Baghdad on Monday, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet