April 4 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 0900 GMT on Wednesday:
* denotes a new or updated item.
NEAR HAWIJA - Gunmen killed 11 employees of an electricity power station in an ambush on their vehicle near the town of Hawija, 70 km (40 miles) southwest of Kirkuk, police said.
* LATIFIYA - Gunmen manning a fake checkpoint kidnapped passengers traveling in six minibus taxis and a car, near the town of Latifiya 40 km (25 miles) south of Baghdad, an official in the Hilla police chief's office said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting a police patrol killed a police major and wounded a civilian in the northern city of Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb targeting the motorcade of the head of police in Mosul, Major General Wathiq al-Hamadani, wounded two of his guards, police said. Hamadani was not harmed.
* BAGHDAD - Iraqi army arrested 59 insurgents during the last 24 hours in different parts of Iraq, the Defence Ministry said.
* BAGHDAD - U.S. forces captured nine suspected insurgents during operations targeting al-Qaeda in Iraq and others suspected of helping foreignfighters in Mosul, Habaniya and Garma, the U.S. military said.
* BAGHDAD - The bodies of 10 people were found shot in different districts of Baghdad on Tuesday, police said.
NEAR KUT - A roadside bomb targeting an Iraqi army patrol killed two soldiers and wounded three others on Tuesday in an area west of Kut, 170 km (100 miles) southeast of Kikruk, police said.
KIRKUK - Nine civilians were wounded on Tuesday when three roadside bombs exploded in a mainly Kurdish district of Kirkuk, 250 km (155 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet