* denotes new or updated item.
* BAGHDAD - The U.S military announced the deaths of 14 soldiers, almost all of them in the Baghdad area or in the volatile province of Diyala in the past 72 hours. All but two were killed by roadside bombs.
* BAGHDAD - The bodies of 31 people were found in Baghdad in the past 24 hours, the victims of apparent sectarian death squads, police said.
BAGHDAD - Ayad Shahab Ahmed, a director of the Iraqi Central Bank, and his brother were killed in a drive-by shooting in the Amil district of southwestern Baghdad, police said.
* KIRKUK - Two civilians were killed in drive-by shooting in central Kirkuk, police said. Gunmen in a car opened fire on a crowd of people.
NEAR BAQUBA - The bodies of nine people were found shot and bound south of Baquba, police said.
FALLUJA - Iraqi and U.S soldiers killed seven suspected members of al Qaeda in Iraq, detained eight suspects and destroyed a truck bomb factory in Falluja, 50 km (30 miles) west of Baghdad on Saturday, the U.S. military said.
BALAD - Iraqi soldiers killed two suspected insurgents linked to al Qaeda in Iraq and detained two others southwest of Balad, 80 km (50 miles) north of Baghdad, the U.S. military said.
BAGHDAD - Gunmen killed Sheikh Ali Khudher al-Zand, imam of a Sunni mosque, in al-Khadhraa district in western Baghdad on Saturday, Sunni officials said.
BALAD RUZ - A car bomb in a busy market killed 10 people and wounded 30 in Balad Ruz, northeast of Baghdad, police said.
DIWANIYA - At least three people were killed, including an Iraqi soldier, in clashes with the Mehdi Army militia on Saturday and Sunday in Diwaniya, 180 km (110 miles) south of Baghdad, police and hospital sources said. Another 29 people were wounded, including five policemen.
BAQUBA - Five people were killed and seven wounded when gunmen at a fake checkpoint opened fire on two minibuses near Baquba, 65 km (40 miles) north of Baghdad, police said.
BAGHDAD - The bodies of 26 people were found shot in different districts of Baghdad on Saturday, police said.
KIRKUK - Two farmers were killed and five wounded in clashes between two Sunni tribes in a rural area near Kirkuk on Saturday, police said.
MOSUL - Mosul hospital morgue received the bodies of nine people, including four policemen and a woman, in Mosul on Saturday, a source in the morgue said.
- Reuters - Thomson Reuters Foundation
- For more humanitarian news and analysis, please visit https://www.trust.org/alertnet