Skip to main content
Iran - Flash floods UPDATE (DG ECHO, Iranian authorities, humanitarian partners, JRC, Media)(ECHO Daily Flash of 4 April 2019)
- Originally published
- View original
- The death toll after heavy rains, floods and landslides that have been affecting northern, western and south-western parts of Iran continues to increase.
- As of 4 April at 8.00 UTC, 62 people are reported to have died and hundreds injured. Tens of thousands of displaced people are sheltering in the open and food and non-food items are urgently needed.
- Immediate assistance has been provided by UNICEF IRAN to the affected provinces Fars, Lorestan and Gorestan.
- 60 villages in Lorestan are under flood water, 78 intercity roads have been blocked, 2 199 rural roads and 84 bridges have been damaged.
- Over the next 24 hours, moderate rain is forecast in the northern provinces.