Period covered by this operations update: 1 November 2010 - 31 March 2011.
Appeal target (current): CHF 14,219,542 (USD 12.9 million or EUR 8.8 million)
Appeal coverage: With contributions received to date, the appeal is 104 per cent covered in cash and kind.
• In July 2010, a revised appeal was launched for CHF 14,219,542. While the implementation activities of the West Sumatra operations as stated in the original appeal have been completed since end-September 2010, activities of the West Java operations as one of the components under the West Sumatra emergency appeal were extended until 31 March 2011. Hence, the operational timeframe will cover the period 31 March 2011 to ensure a proper exit strategy of both operations takes place. A final report will be issued by 30 June 2011.
• The emergency appeal was launched on 5 November 2009 for CHF 13,293,583 in cash, kind, or services. The overall budget of Indonesian Red Cross (Palang Merah Indonesia/PMI) operations is CHF 19,627,833. The balance is being covered by bilateral contributions made directly to PMI by partner national societies.
• A revised preliminary emergency appeal was launched on 7 October 2009 for CHF 19,185,775 in cash, kind, or services to support PMI in assisting up to 20,000 families (approximately 100,000 individuals) for six months.
• A preliminary emergency appeal was launched on 4 October 2009 for CHF 6,842,032 in cash, kind, or services to support PMI in assisting up to 5,000 families (approximately 25,000 individuals) for six months.
• Disaster Relief Emergency Fund (DREF): CHF 235,000 was allocated to support this operation.